Both Bitcoin and VPNs are synonymous with privacy. The decentralized nature of Bitcoin makes it an excellent option for making payments more anonymously without having your name directly associated with a transaction. There are cryptocurrency exchanges such as Binance that facilitate cryptocurrency trading. However, the Binance exchange has been blocked in some jurisdictions due to the regulations surrounding cryptocurrency trading in these areas. If you attempt to access the Binance exchange using an IP address from one of these locations while on vacation, you will get an error message. The good news is that a VPN for Bitcoin and Binance can help to overcome this.
By using a Virtual Private Network (VPN), you can change your IP address to a location where Binance is allowed. For example, if you are traveling in the US and want to access the Binance exchange like you would at home where it is available, you could do so by connecting to a server in that location.
Below, I will go into further detail about the best VPNs for Bitcoin and Binance. However, if you’re in a hurry, here is a quick summary of my top choices.
Best VPNs for Bitcoin and Binance:
- NordVPN: My top choice for Bitcoin and Binance. It is a secure platform with over 5,500 servers, giving users plenty of choice for IP address locations. It also offers fast connection speeds and comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee, ensuring users can try the service risk-free.
- Surfshark: A great budget option for Binance with powerful features, fast connection speeds, and strong security measures in place. It is an affordable option and has over 3,200 servers in roughly 63 countries.
- ExpressVPN: Secure platform with over 3,000 servers in 94 countries. It’s also fast and secure, making it a great option for users that use Binance streaming services regularly.
- CyberGhost: Has a large network that makes it a great choice for those looking to get an IP address from a different country to avoid Binance geo-blocking measures.
- PrivateVPN: An excellent option for privacy and security, offering you added peace of mind when online. It even accepts cryptocurrency payments.
- IPVanish: Reliable, fast, and secure. With approximately 2,000 servers in 75 locations, you’ll have no issues finding a VPN server in a non-restricted country.
- Private Internet Access (PIA): This privacy-focused VPN has servers in over 80 countries, giving users several options for accessing Binance services.
- Atlas VPN: Provides around 750 servers and is secure and fast. It can also successfully unblock Binance geo-blocking measures.
I meticulously researched the best VPN options for Bitcoin and Binance in order to find providers that keep you secure and allow you to access Binance’s exchange, even in a country where the service is restricted. I picked VPNs that met the following criteria:
- Provides secure VPN servers in many different countries, including those outside of the countries restricted by Binance
- Fast connection speeds
- Strong security measures in place
- Can successfully access Binance in a country where the service is restricted
- Offers good value for money
I will go into a lot more detail about my methodology testing process later in this article.
Best VPNs for Bitcoin and Binance
Here is my list of best VPNs for Bitcoin and Binance:
NordVPN has over 5,500 servers in roughly 60 countries. It is an excellent choice because of this, along with its fast connection speeds, and strong security measures. It is able to successfully bypass Binance geo-blocking measures.
In addition to providing access to Binance in countries where this service is restricted, NordVPN also has strong security features. These include 256-bit AES encryption, an app-specific kill switch, an automatic ad-blocker, a malware scanner, and protection against WebRTC, DNS, and IPv6 leaks. NordVPN also stores no logs, ensuring that users’ browsing activity is kept private. NordVPN also accepts cryptocurrency payments. This ensures greater privacy when it comes to payments since, unlike with a credit card, the person making the payment doesn’t have to use their name.
There are apps available for Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS, and Android. Routers can also be manually configured to work with NordVPN. Users can connect six devices simultaneously and the customer support team is available 24/7 via the provided live chat.
- Over 5,500 VPN servers
- Can successfully bypass Binance geo-restrictions
- Stores no logs
- Strong security measures in place
- Apps available for many different platforms
- Has 24/7 live chat support
- Sometimes the desktop app can be slow
BEST VPN FOR BITCOIN AND BINANCE:NordVPN is my number one choice for Bitcoin and Binance. It has a large server network and allows users in countries where Binance is usually restricted to access the service without too much hassle. NordVPN is also secure and provides fast connection speeds. Users can rest at ease knowing that the platform allows them to try the service risk-free by offering a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Surfshark‘s network of over 3,200 VPN servers in more than 63 countries gives you plenty of choice for choosing a country where Binance is allowed. By connecting to a VPN server in such a country, you will be able to get a VPN from there and access Binance services even if you are in a country like the US where it is banned. In addition to bypassing geo-blocking measures, Surfshark also provides fast connection speeds and excellent security measures.
Its security features include strong 256-bit AES encryption, protection against IPv6, WebRTC, and DNS leaks, as well as a kill switch. Being a privacy-minded company, Surfshark allows users a greater level of anonymity with their payments by offering cryptocurrency as an option for payment. This means that paying for the very Bitcoin you are trading is possible with this provider.
Surfshark provides apps for Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, and iOS. Some routers can also have this service manually installed on them. Surfshark lets users connect an unlimited number of devices simultaneously with its subscription. In addition, the customer support team is available 24/7 via the provided live chat.
- Thousands of servers give users many options for countries that are supported by Binance
- Connection speeds are fast
- Strong security measures are in place
- Cryptocurrency payments are accepted which is great for increased anonymity
- Allows an unlimited number of connections
- Some features require an additional upgrade
BEST BUDGET OPTION:Surfshark is a great VPN pick pick for users on a budget. In addition to having over 3,200 servers, Surfshark has strong security measures in place and is great value for money. Surfshark comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
ExpressVPN is known for its speed and has a network of 3,000+ servers in approximately 94 countries. This allows ExpressVPN users to access the Binance exchange without any lags or hassle, putting them in the best position to make good trades. It is a very easy-to-use service as well.
In addition to allowing users to successfully bypass Binance geo-restrictions, this provider comes with great security features. These include 256-bit AES encryption, perfect forward secrecy, a kill switch, and protection against WebRTC, IPv6, and DNS leaks. A .onion site, which is accessed via the TOR network, ensures that users are able to buy a subscription from this provider anonymously. Prospective users can also pay with cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin. This further ensures the user’s privacy when they are signing up for a subscription.
ExpressVPN has apps for Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, and iOS. It can also be installed on supported routers. It has a live chat that is available 24/7 for users who may be struggling with a technical problem. In addition, users can connect up to five devices to their subscription at once.
- Fast connection speeds
- Servers in roughly 94 countries means that there are a lot of options for accessing Binance
- .onion site and cryptocurrency acceptance are good options for maintaining anonymity
- Strong security features are in place
- ExpressVPN is more expensive than some of the other providers on this list
- Streaming servers can be hard to find
SECURE OPTION:ExpressVPN is fast, secure, and can unblock Binance in countries where it is restricted without hassle. This service comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
CyberGhost has the largest number of servers on this VPN list. It comes with over 8,900 servers and is therefore a great option for bypassing Binance geo-blocking efforts. It also provides a strong, fast connection to its users.
It has many sound security features in place too, with strong 256-bit AES encryption and protection against IPv6 and DNS leaks. No logs are stored either and there is also a kill switch included.
CyberGhost apps can be downloaded for Windows, macOS, Linux, and Amazon Fire TV. Some routers can be manually set up to work with this service as well. The customer support team is available 24/7 too and seven simultaneous connections are supported.
- The apps are easy to use
- 24/7 live chat support
- A large server network is available, making it easy to obtain an IP address capable of bypassing Binance’s geo-restrictions
- Strong security measures are in place
- CyberGhost is blocked in the UAE and China
- Torrenting and P2P may not work on all of the servers that are available
LARGE SERVER NETWORK:CyberGhost's server network is huge, making it easy for users to connect to the server of their choice that is supported by Binance. This service comes with a 45-day money-back guarantee.
PrivateVPN is a smaller VPN provider that has just over 200 servers. While the number of servers is small, this provider’s servers are spread across roughly 60 different countries. This gives potential Binance users several options for picking a server that will give them an IP address that allows them to access Binance services.
In addition to being a good option for Binance, PrivateVPN also offers strong security features. It provides 256-bit AES encryption and protection from IPv6, WebRTC, and DNS leaks. It also stores no logs. On top of that, this provider accepts cryptocurrency payments. This allows for greater anonymity than if just credit card payments were accepted.
There are PrivateVPN apps available for Android, iOS, Windows, macOS, and Linux. Routers can also be manually configured to work with this service. While the customer service offered by PrivateVPN is of high quality, it is only offered during regular business hours. 10 devices can be connected simultaneously on a single PrivateVPN subscription.
- Gives users several server options for bypassing Binance geo-blocks
- Fast speeds
- No logs are stored
- Works in China
- Smaller server network
- Customer support isn’t available 24/7
STRONG PRIVACY MEASURES AND FAST CONNECTION SPEEDS:Despite its small server count, PrivateVPN is a high-quality offering with fast speeds and strong security measures in place. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
IPVanish has over 2,000 servers spread across 75+ locations. This means that there are still lots of options for bypassing Binance geo-blocking. IPVanish is known for its fast connection speeds as well and is a staple among the Kodi streaming community. These fast connection speeds ensure that users are able to access the Binance exchange without experiencing any lag or slow loading.
In addition to working well with Binance, IPVanish has strong security measures in place. These include 256-bit AES encryption, a kill switch, and protection against IPv6 and DNS leaks. A traffic scrambling option is also available. This masks VPN traffic effectively, making it hard for anyone to determine that you are using a VPN in the first place.
IPVanish has apps available for Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Amazon Fire Stick, and Amazon Fire TV. It can also be manually set up on some routers and on Linux. It supports an unlimited number of simultaneous connections and live chat support is available 24/7.
- Fast connection speeds are in place
- An unlimited number of connections are allowed
- No logs are stored
- Successfully bypasses Binance geo-blocks
- Some servers don’t work with Netflix
- Apps don’t work in China
GOOD FOR BYPASSING GEO-BLOCKS:IPVanish offers strong security measures and enough servers that users have many different choices of servers that can bypass Binance’s geo-blocks. IPVanish also comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Private Internet Access (PIA) has servers in over 80 countries, so users will have no issues accessing Binance from a supported location. PIA’s lightweight clients won’t bog down your devices either. It offers decent connection speeds too.
PIA’s security is strong as well. Security measures include 256-bit AES encryption, a kill switch, and split tunneling functionality. In addition, PIA’s “MACE” feature blocks the domains used to serve up ads, trackers, and malware, and it also stores no logs.
10 simultaneous connections are supported and there are apps available for Windows, Linux, macOS, iOS, and Android. Chrome, Opera, and Firefox browser extensions are also available, as is support for various makes and models of routers.
- Strong security measures in place
- No logs stored
- WireGuard VPN protocol supported
- Doesn’t work reliably in China
- Some outdated information is included in support material
LIGHTWEIGHT VPN OPTION:PIA is a lightweight option with many servers available. It is also secure and stores no logs, making it a good provider for users that value strong privacy features. This service comes with a 30-day money-back guarantPIA is a lightweight optionee.
Atlas VPN has over 750 servers in more than 40 locations. It doesn’t boast the largest network of servers or the largest number of locations, but it is enough for Binance users to have the options they need to bypass Binance’s geo-blocks.
It comes with several security features such as 256-bit AES encryption. In addition to this, there is a kill switch and protection against DNS, WebRTC, and IPv6 leaks. There is also the option of connecting to MultiHop servers that can encrypt your data twice.
There are Atlas VPN apps for Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS as well. This service also offers an unlimited number of connections.
- Provides access to Binance in jurisdictions where their exchange is blocked
- Fast connection speeds
- MultiHop servers encrypt data twice
- No identifying logs are stored
- Cancelation process could be smoother
- Doesn’t work on Linux
STRONG SECURITY:Atlas VPN has reliable security measures in place and has enough servers to allow users to choose a server that can grant them access to Binance if they live in a country where that service is blocked. Its connection speeds are fast too. Atlas VPN also comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
How to unblock Binance with a VPN:
Here’s how to unblock Binance with a VPN:
- Sign up for a top-tier VPN service. I recommend NordVPN but Surfshark and ExpressVPN are two quality alternatives that perform well.
- After signing up for a VPN, download and install the VPN app that works with the device you want to use it on.
- Now, connect to a VPN server in a country where Binance isn’t blocked.
- Next, try accessing the Binance exchange. You should be able to access it without restriction.
- If you are having issues, try clearing your browser’s cookies and cache and then retry.
Testing methodology: Finding the best VPNs for Bitcoin and Binance
After an extensive research process, I was able to come up with a shortlist of the best VPNs for Bitcoin and Binance. Here are some factors that I considered when making my choice:
- Ability to bypass Binance geo-blocks: It would be pointless to list the VPNs above if they weren’t able to unblock Binance in banned jurisdictions. All of the VPNs listed above are capable of this.
- Servers: The more servers the better. This increases the chance that users are able to access Binance with an IP address from a country that isn’t blocked from accessing the service’s exchange.
- Security: In addition to bypassing geo-blocks, VPNs must secure users’ connections. This includes while they are connected to open wifi networks. This is done with measures such as strong 256-bit AES encryption, which is offered by all of the VPNs included in my list.
- Speed: While trading cryptocurrency may not be as bandwidth-intensive as streaming, a smooth fast connection is still necessary for a frustration-free process. All of the VPNs listed above provide fast connection speeds.
VPN for Bitcoin and Binance FAQs
Can I just use a free VPN to access Binance?
Free VPNs may seem enticing. However, they don't give the same standard of performance as paid VPNs. Free VPNs don't have the same level of resources as their paid counterparts, with fewer servers that aren't capable of handling as many users. Their servers also aren't as powerful, which leads to slow connection speeds and lag.
Free servers also don't provide encryption in many cases, which can compromise your connection and private data. Many free VPNs limit the amount of data that you can transfer, making it tough for you to do everything that you need to do on Binance. In some cases, free VPNs aren't even able to bypass geo-blocked services since they might be blacklisted. If you want a reliable VPN, it's better to go with a paid subscription. If money is tight, then have a look at my best cheap VPN options.
Is it legal to use a VPN with Binance?
Yes, VPNs are legal to use. However, using a VPN for illegal activity is still illegal. Breaking the law while using a VPN doesn't offer you any protection from the possible consequences. With that being said, don't take anything written in this article as legal advice.
Are VPNs safe?
Yes, VPNs are safe. While using a VPN, you're actually safer than using the internet without one. While connected to a VPN, your IP address will be masked and your identity will be protected. You will be better protected when connected to open wifi networks as well. Any reputable VPN will keep you safer while you browse online.
- Best VPNs for Bitcoin and Binance
- 1. NordVPN
- 2. Surfshark
- 3. ExpressVPN
- 4. CyberGhost
- 5. PrivateVPN
- 6. IPVanish
- 7. Private Internet Access
- 8. AtlasVPN
- How to unblock Binance with a VPN:
- Testing methodology: Finding the best VPNs for Bitcoin and Binance
- VPN for Bitcoin and Binance FAQs
- Can I just use a free VPN to access Binance?
- Is it legal to use a VPN with Binance?
- Are VPNs safe?