Brazilian citizens trying to stream Netflix while traveling internationally will discover an error message waiting for them instead of their favorite show or movie. But don’t worry—there is a simple solution for subscribers of Netflix Brazil to keep up with their favorite shows and movies available back home. All you have to do is use a VPN. This article looks at the best VPNs for Netflix Brazil.
A VPN, or Virtual Private Network, encrypts your internet traffic through an intermediary server located elsewhere. It changes your IP address so that you can overcome geographical restrictions. I’ll go into greater detail on my top five choices, but for the moment, here’s a summary of the best VPNs for Netflix Brazil:
- NordVPN: My number one VPN for Netflix Brasil. NordVPN is an excellent all-purpose VPN that sets the standard for speed, security, and server selection. Over 5,200 servers, including more than 20 in Brazil. Comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Surfshark: My top budget choice. Combines reliable connection speeds with strong encryption and security features for a reasonable price. Allows an unlimited number of simultaneous connections.
- ExpressVPN: A popular VPN for streaming. Offers 3,000+ high-speed servers around the world that make it ideal for streaming, downloading, and gaming. Doesn’t compromise on security.
- PrivateVPN: A privacy-focused VPN that can stream HD content at fast speeds.
- CyberGhost: A beginner-friendly VPN with a wide selection of more than 7,300 servers in 91 countries, including over 60 in Brazil.
Best VPNs for Brazilian Netflix
There are dozens of good VPNs but they aren’t all capable of streaming Netflix or bypassing geo-restrictions. I made my top selections based on the following criteria:
- Works with Netflix Brazil
- Fast and reliable internet connection speeds
- Strong encryption protocol and security features
- Multiple simultaneous connections
- Provides apps for all of the major platforms
You can find out more about my VPN review process further in this article. For the moment, based on the above criteria, these are the best VPNs for Brazil Netflix.
NordVPN is my number one choice for streaming Netflix Brasil while abroad. It runs one of the largest server networks on the market, consisting of more than 5,200 servers in 60+ countries around the world, with over 20 servers in Brazil. Its servers consistently achieve fast connection speeds for lag-free HD streaming and lift geographic restrictions on Netflix Brasil, Hulu, HBO Now, BBC iPlayer, and many others. You can protect up to six devices at once with a single subscription.
NordVPN keeps your internet traffic secure with a layer of 256-bit AES encryption, a kill switch, and protection against DNS, IPv6, and port forwarding leaks. Included in its server network are specialty servers optimized for functions such as double VPN usage, Tor over VPN, and dedicated servers for streaming, downloading, and gaming. NordVPN provides split tunneling functionality on its Android and Windows apps, and a kill switch that will prevent you from browsing the web without encryption.
NordVPN follows a no-logs policy which means the company keeps no identifying information on you or your online activities. The company wouldn’t be able to disclose any information about you to the authorities even if it wanted to.
Apps are available for Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Linux, and Amazon Fire TV. Linux systems and supported routers require manual configuration.
- Large server network including over 20 servers in Brazil
- Fast, reliable connection speeds
- Strong encryption protocol
- Variety of security features
- Keeps no logs
- The desktop app might be a challenge for first-time VPN users
BEST VPN FOR NETFLIX BRASIL:My top recommendation goes to NordVPN. It meets the highest standards for security, connection speeds, and server selection. It works with Brazilian Netflix and streams HD video with little to no buffering. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee so you can try it out first.
Surfshark is my number one budget choice. Its low price doesn’t mean low quality, as Surfshark runs a network of over 3,200 low-latency servers in more than 60 countries. You can stream HD video from every major streaming platform including Netflix, Hulu, and many others. Surfshark users get great value because of its unlimited allowance of simultaneous connections, so you can protect every device you and your family own.
Surfshark keeps you secure online with 256-bit AES encryption, a kill switch, a malware and ad blocker, and protection against DNS and IPv6 leaks. Surfshark is a no-logs provider so none of your online activities can be traced back to you.
Apps are available for Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Linux, and Amazon Fire TV. Supported routers require manual installation.
- Lifts geo-restrictions on Netflix Brasil and other streaming platforms
- Powerful security features
- Stable connection speeds for HD streaming
- Unlimited simultaneous connections
- Has a few slow servers on its networks
TOP BUDGET PICK:Surfshark lets you enjoy high streaming speeds for a low price. Strong on security, unlimited connections, and works with just about any streaming platform. Comes with a 30-day money back guarantee.
ExpressVPN is a popular VPN among streaming-focused users because of its incredible streaming speeds and wide selection of servers around the world. ExpressVPN reliably lifts geo-blocks on Netflix Brasil, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, HBO, and many others.
ExpressVPN is excellent for streaming, downloading, and gaming, but it doesn’t slack on security, either. Your internet connection is protected with 256-bit AES encryption, perfect forward secrecy, and a kill switch that will cut your connection to the internet in case you lose connection with the VPN. This will prevent you from browsing the internet without protection.
Up to five devices can be protected at once with a single subscription. ExpressVPN makes apps for Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Linux, Amazon Fire TV, and some routers.
- Some of the best connection speeds I’ve seen
- Works with most streaming platforms including Netflix
- Reliable security protections
- 24/7 customer support
- One of the most expensive VPNs
- Streaming servers aren’t clearly labeled so are harder to find
STREAM ANYTHING FROM ABROAD:ExpressVPN is one of the best VPNs for streaming. Defeats most geo-blocks, features thousands of servers, and comes with strong security features. Try it risk-free for 30 days.
PrivateVPN is a VPN newcomer that has a smaller server network than most but delivers above-average connection speeds. Its network includes over 200 servers in 63 countries around the world including a location in Sao Paulo, Brazil. PrivateVPN is capable of streaming HD video at high speeds with little to no buffering and can grant secure access to Netflix Brasil.
Its security offerings are robust, featuring 256-bit AES encryption, a no-logs policy, a kill switch, and DNS leak protection. You can protect up to six devices at once with a single subscription.
Apps are available for Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS. It doesn’t offer an app for Linux, but its website contains a few guides that will show you how to configure PrivateVPN with your Linux system.
- Excellent streaming speeds
- Works with Netflix Brazil
- Strong encryption protocol and security features
- Keeps no logs
- Small server network
- Doesn’t work with all streaming services
- Doesn’t work in all locations, such as China
QUALITY OVER QUANTITY:PrivateVPN is a great streaming VPN for those on a budget. It works with Netflix Brazil with ease and lets you protect six devices at once. Its small server count might be limiting for some users. Includes a 30-day money-back guarantee.
First-time VPN users should consider subscribing to CyberGhost for its user-friendly apps. Its easy-to-use interface is designed to match you with a server based on your needs so you won’t have to search for the best server by trial-and-error. It offers servers optimized for specific streaming platforms as well as a selection of security-focused servers. CyberGhost runs the largest server network on this list: over 7,300 servers in 91 countries around the world.
Your online activities will be kept private with 256-bit AES encryption, a kill switch, and protection and DNS, IPv6, and WebRTC leaks. This makes it one of the most private and secure VPNs on this list. CyberGhost keeps no logs and has its headquarters in Romania where the company is not subject to any data retention laws. Seven simultaneous connections are permitted under a single account.
CyberGhost provides apps for Windows, macOS, iOS, Android, Linux, Amazon Fire TV, and some routers.
- Beginner-friendly apps
- Works with Netflix Brasil and other streaming platforms
- Strong security features
- Large network of servers
- Doesn’t work in China or the UAE
- Advanced users might find its lack of customizable options limiting
- No option for local networking
BEGINNER FRIENDLY:CyberGhost’s intuitive apps are great for VPN beginners. Its wide server network works with all of the top streaming platforms while keeping you safe online. Includes a generous 45-day money-back guarantee.
My Methodology: How I find VPNs for Netflix Brazil
Every VPN in this article and has been tried and tested using my assessment criteria. Here are some of the things I look for in a VPN for watching Netflix Brazil abroad:
- Servers in Brazil – To access home services from Brazil while abroad, including Netflix, you will need to connect to a Brazillian server. I check for plenty of server options and ensure they work with Netflix.
- Consistent speeds – There is nothing worse than lag or buffering while trying to stream. I run speed checks to make sure that each VPN works with streaming HD video without interruption.
- Privacy and security – I only recommend VPNs that prioritize privacy and security. Things I look for include a network kill switch, encryption, a no-logs policy, and other tools to protect users.
- Value – From affordable prices to free trials and money-back guarantees, I check that a VPN is good value for money. I also consider things like the number of simultaneous connections supported on one account.
Read my full VPN testing methodology to find out more about how I test and review each VPN service.
How to watch Netflix Brasil abroad with a VPN
Using a VPN might seem intimidating at first if you’ve never used one before, but it’s easy. Here’s how to watch Netflix Brazil with a VPN:
- Select a VPN that meets your preferences. I recommend NordVPN.
- Download and install your app onto your streaming device.
- Connect to a server located in Brazil. You should now have a Brazilian IP address.
- Log into Netflix and play a video to test the connection. If you still encounter an error message, you may need to try out a few different servers before you find one that Netflix hasn’t screened out. You may also need to clear your cache and cookies to rid your device of location identifiers.
Netflix Brazil not working with a VPN?
If you still can’t get Netflix Brasil to work, then your device is probably still revealing your true location and IP address. There are a number of measures you can take to regain access to the service while you travel internationally. Follow these steps:
- Google may be exposing your location by caching your IP address. Try logging out of all of your Google services on your streaming device, including Chrome.
- Disable all location services on your device, such as GPS tracking.
- Clear your browser’s cookies, cache, and temp files.
- Disable IPv6 on your device. You can turn this off in your wifi properties on Windows systems. You may need to restart your device.
- Flush your DNS cache. Windows users can do this by opening the Command Prompt and typing ipconfig /flushdns.
- Adjust your device’s time zone to the areas covered by Netflix Brasil. Brazil’s time zones are UTC-2, UTC-3, and UTC-4.
- If you have access to your wifi network’s router, rename the wifi network and append “nomap” at the end of the name (e.g. privacynomap). You will be opted out of Google’s geolocation services. You will have to reconnect your device to the new network in order to access the internet.
- Try connecting to a few different servers in Brazil until you find one that works.
Netflix Brazil FAQ
Can I watch Netflix Brasil with a free VPN?
You can easily find plenty of free VPNs online, but they come at the cost of privacy and performance. Free VPN providers are not well-resourced enough to circumvent Netflix’s strict ban on proxies and VPNs as Netflix has the toughest proxy detection technology out there.
Even if you found a free VPN that could circumvent the geographic restrictions, you will soon find that free VPNs lack the infrastructure needed to stream HD video without buffering. They usually don’t have more than a handful of servers on their network, and because it’s free, they quickly fill up with more users than the servers can handle at once. This results in slow speeds, low video quality, and frequently dropped connections.
Free VPN servers are known for their lack of security as well. Companies that produce free VPN services will track your online activities and sell profiles of user data to third-party advertisers, despite being advertised as privacy tools. Free VPNs regularly bombard their users with annoying advertisements and even spread malware in some cases. My recommendation? Stay away from free VPNs and invest in a quality paid service.
Can I watch American Netflix in Brazil?
Yes, because most of the VPNs capable of removing geo-restrictions on Netflix Brasil can access Netflix US as well. All you have to do is connect to a VPN server located in the United States to get a US IP address and watch content from Netflix’s largest regional library.
How does Netflix Brasil’s content library differ from Netflix US?
Netflix US is the streaming platform’s largest library of content, which naturally means Netflix Brasil offers a narrower selection of titles. According to Finder.com, American Netflix offers over 1,157 TV shows and over 4,593 movies while Brazilian Netflix has only 562 shows and 1,672 movies, or 48% of the US library.
- Best VPNs for Brazilian Netflix
- 1. NordVPN
- 2. Surfshark
- 3. ExpressVPN
- 4. PrivateVPN
- 5. CyberGhost
- My Methodology: How I find VPNs for Netflix Brazil
- How to watch Netflix Brasil abroad with a VPN
- Netflix Brazil not working with a VPN?
- Netflix Brazil FAQ
- Can I watch Netflix Brasil with a free VPN?
- Can I watch American Netflix in Brazil?
- How does Netflix Brasil’s content library differ from Netflix US?