Argentinian residents traveling out of their home country might find themselves unable to access some of their favorite internet content available back home, such as Argentina’s video streaming services and online banking.
Websites and apps commonly restrict the availability of their content and services to specific countries. This is known as geographical restrictions and applies to popular streaming websites like Netflix, Hulu, and BBC iPlayer. You can lift online geo-blocks safely and legally by using a VPN to acquire an IP address for Argentina. If you connect to a VPN server in Argentina from somewhere else in the world, online services will only see your Argentinian IP address and grant you access as if you are actually located there.
A VPN is also great for your privacy and security. It keeps your browsing activity anonymous and protects you from online threats, including those on public wifi in airports and hotels.
I’ll go into more detail on each provider in this guide, but if you don’t have time, here’s a quick summary of the best VPNs for an IP address in Argentina:
- NordVPN: My top choice for getting an Argentinian IP address! Offers more than 20 secure servers in Argentina. Best security features and connection speeds on the market. Keeps no logs and includes a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Surfshark: My top budget choice for an IP address in Argentina. Delivers an excellent level of performance and a high standard of security for an affordable price. Unlimited simultaneous connections. 30-day money-back guarantee.
- ExpressVPN: A great choice for streaming in Argentina, downloading, and gaming in Argentina. Runs plenty of servers in Argentina and unblocks just about anything. Try it risk-free for 30 days.
- CyberGhost: The best VPN for beginners. Comes with easy-to-use apps and plenty of streaming-optimized servers. No logs, strong security protections, and over 7,000 servers to choose from, including many in Argentina.
- PrivateVPN: An up-and-coming VPN provider with fast server speeds from Buenos Aires. Small but growing server network.
- Hotspot Shield: Defends your online privacy while offering impressive server speeds. Includes locations in Argentina.
The best VPNs for an Argentinian IP address
There are dozens of great VPNs on the market today, but not all of them can give you an IP address for Argentina. I made my choices based on the following criteria:
- Operates servers in Argentina
- Delivers fast and reliable connection speeds
- Includes a wide range of security features
- Keeps no logs
- Lifts geographic restrictions
You will find more information about how I assessed each service in my VPN testing methodology further in this article.
Here are my best VPNs for an IP address in Argentina:
NordVPN’s high standards of security, reliable connection speeds, and large server network make it my top choice. The company operates one of the largest server networks on the market, consisting of over 5,200 servers in 59 countries around the world, with more than 20 in Argentina. The wide geographic range of server locations gives NordVPN the power to unblock almost any geo-restricted service on the web including stubborn streaming platforms like Amazon Prime Video.
NordVPN uses 256-bit encryption by default and includes an ad blocker, a malware scanner, an app-specific kill switch, and protection against IPv6, DNS, WebRTC, and port forwarding leaks. Many of its servers are optimized for specific functions including double VPN usage, Tor over VPN, and dedicated servers for downloading and streaming. NordVPN follows a strict no-logs policy so none of your online activities will be recorded and traced back to you. Customer support is available 24/7 over live chat.
Apps are available for Windows, macOS, iOS, Android, Amazon Fire TV, and Linux. It can be manually configured with some wireless routers.
- Offers more than 20 servers in Argentina
- Fast and durable connection speeds
- Defeats geographic blocks
- Wide variety of advanced security options
- Keeps no logs on your activities
- The desktop app might be awkward for VPN beginners
TOP VPN FOR ARGENTINA:NordVPN is my number one choice. NordVPN lets you customize your online security by offering a wide range of advanced security features. Includes thousands of fast servers, a no-logs policy, and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Surfshark is my top budget choice for combining strong security with fast speeds at a reasonable price. It runs a network of more than 3,200 servers in 65 countries that successfully unblock most websites, including those based in Argentina. You will get great value with Surfshark because it is one of the few providers that allows an unlimited number of simultaneous connections to secure your entire household.
Surfshark uses 256-bit AES encryption and protects against DNS, IPv6, and WebRTC leaks. It also includes a kill switch to prevent you from using the web without the VPN’s protection, the option to use two VPNs, split-tunneling functionality, traffic obfuscation, and malware and ad blocker. Surfshark is another no-logs VPN so you can cover your tracks online. 24/7 customer support is available over live chat.
Apps are available for Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, Amazon Fire TV and Firestick, and iOS. Some routers can be manually configured.
- Huge network of servers
- Strong encryption protocols and leak protections
- Unlimited simultaneous connections
- Great speeds for streaming HD video
- Affordable price
- Has a couple of slow servers on its network
- Fewer advanced options for experienced users
STRONG SECURITY FOR A LOW PRICE:Surfshark is my top budget choice. Lets you protect every device in your household at once with tough security standards and can access geo-blocked websites from Argentina. Try it out risk-free for 30 days.
ExpressVPN’s network of 3,000+ servers in 94 countries reliably works with some of the largest streaming platforms such as Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, HBO, and online services based in Argentina.
Your traffic is protected with 256-bit AES encryption, DNS and IPv6 leak protection, and perfect forward secrecy. For desktop apps, the VPN comes with a kill switch that stops all internet traffic in case of a sudden loss of connection to the VPN, which will prevent your unencrypted data from leaking onto the web. ExpressVPN logs no user data and accepts payments in Bitcoin for anonymous registration. Customer support is available 24/7 via live chat.
This VPN provides apps for macOS, iOS, Windows, Android, Amazon Fire TV, and Linux. Some routers can be manually configured with the included custom router firmware. Five simultaneous connections are allowed under a single subscription.
- Includes high-performance servers in Argentina
- Fast server speeds make it ideal for streaming, downloading, and gaming
- Works with Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, HBO, and others
- Military-grade encryption and leak protection
- Not the cheapest option
- Doesn’t provide the most customizable features
STREAM FROM ABROAD:Unblock anything with ExpressVPN. A versatile VPN great for streaming, downloading, and gaming, but doesn’t compromise on security either. Works well for Argentina-based online services. Comes with a 30-day money back guarantee.
CyberGhost has more servers than any other VPN on this list at over 7,100 servers in 91 countries, including 36 in Argentina. First-time VPN users should consider using CyberGhost for its easy-to-use interface that will match you with a server depending on your needs. This VPN’s servers are optimized for specific functions including servers dedicated to online streaming platforms like Netflix and Amazon Prime.
CyberGhost features 256-bit encryption, IPv6 and DNS leak protection, and a kill switch in case of a sudden loss of connection to the VPN. CyberGhost provides an allowance of seven simultaneous connections so you can protect most or all of your devices at once. It doesn’t store records of user activity, and live customer support is available 24/7.
Apps are provided for Windows, Android, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Amazon Fire TV. Some wi-fi routers can be manually configured with CyberGhost.
- Over 30 fast servers in Argentina
- Servers optimized for streaming and security
- Beginner-friendly apps
- A strict no-logs policy
- Advanced users may find its features lacking
- Doesn’t work in China
BEGINNER-FRIENDLY:High-quality performance and easy for beginners to use. Great for streaming and unblocking Argentinian services from abroad. 45-day money back guarantee.
PrivateVPN is a newer VPN than some others on this list. It has only 200 servers in 63 countries (including Argentina), but its geographic variety makes it a great option for unblocking geo-restricted content. Its connection speeds are fast and reliable. You can connect up to six devices at a time.
It secures your traffic with 256-bit encryption and protects against IPv6, DNS, and WebRTC leaks. This VPN logs none of your personally identifiable information and accepts payments in Bitcoin for anonymous registration. Live chat isn’t available, but the customer support team can remotely control your computer and configure the VPN for you, with your permission.
PrivateVPN apps are available for Android, iOS, macOS, Windows, and Amazon Fire TV. Linux systems and supported internet routers can be manually configured.
- Servers in Buenos Aires
- 256-bit AES encryption and leak protection
- Impressive speeds
- Lacks 24/7 customer support
- A small selection of servers to choose from
STAY SECURE ONLINE:PrivateVPN is great for security and streaming. Successfully unblocks just about everything I’ve thrown at it. Includes a 30-day money back guarantee.
Hotspot Shield runs a network of over 1,800 servers in 80 countries including Argentina that will bypass geo-blocks and stream Argentinian services like Telefe, El Trece, and América TV at high speeds. Five of your devices can be protected at once with a single subscription.
Hotspot Shield’s security offerings include 256-bit encryption, DNS and IPv6 protection, and a kill switch to protect your unencrypted data from leaking onto the web. Split-tunneling functionality is also available in case you want to watch a local TV channel without completely disconnecting from the VPN. Hotspot Shield follows a no-logs policy so you won’t have to worry about your online activities being recorded and matched with your identity. Hotspot Shield offers customer support 24/7 through live chat.
Apps are available for iOS, Android, macOS, Windows, Linux, and Amazon Fire TV.
- Plenty of strong security features
- Reliable server speeds for streaming Argentinian TV
- Server locations in Argentina
- Relatively few servers to choose from
GOOD ALL-ROUNDER:Stream securely from anywhere with Hotspot Shield. Unblocks Argentinian TV stations from abroad while protecting your online activities. Try it out for 45 days before you commit.
Methodology: How I find the best VPNs for an IP address in Argentina
Not every VPN on the market is capable of giving you an Argentinian IP address, and even some that do can’t be trusted. This is why I have personally assessed each service using the following criteria:
- Servers – There need to be servers in Argentina to get an IP address, so that’s the very first thing I check. I then look at the overall selection of servers in case you want to bypass blocks with your VPN in another country in the future. That way, you won’t need to find a different VPN every time you travel somewhere new.
- Speeds – Streaming, gaming, and downloading torrents all need fast and reliable speeds. Otherwise, you face lag, buffering, and error messages. I conduct speed tests to check that each VPN can handle all activities.
- Security – Online security is very important, especially if you’re going to be using public wifi networks on the go. You risk data loss, phishing scams, and even hackers getting hold of your information. I look for specific security features like AES encryption, a no-logs policy, and a network kill switch.
- Value – I don’t recommend the cheapest or most affordable VPNs, but those that give you the most for your money. This includes the number of simultaneous connections and any money-back guarantee available.
There are many other areas that I investigate. Check out my complete VPN testing methodology to find out all about my review processes.
How to get an Argentinian IP address
Getting an IP address based in Argentina is fast and easy. All you have to do is the following:
- Choose a VPN provider that meets your preferences. I recommend using NordVPN.
- Download your provider’s apps onto your devices. Some let you protect an unlimited number of devices at once, such as Surfshark and IPVanish.
- Launch the VPN app and select a server in Argentina.
- Begin using the internet. Geo-restricted services should now be accessible. If not, you may need to clear your cache and cookies to remove any location identifiers that may be lingering on your device. You may also need to try a few different servers before you can find one that works.
Argentina IP Address FAQ
Can’t I just use a free VPN instead?
You could use a free VPN if you really wanted to, but you will quickly understand why they don’t come with a price. Most free VPN providers don’t have the resources to operate a server network of more than just a handful of servers, which means the geographic options are limited, and connection speeds are unreliable at best. Free services attract a large volume of users that the small server networks can’t accommodate and leave little bandwidth left over for fast and reliable connections. If doing something as simple as logging into your email is an uphill struggle with a free VPN, then forget about streaming HD video.
Furthermore, free VPNs are loaded with security risks despite being advertised as security tools. Free services need to make a profit like any other business and if they aren’t deriving their revenue from selling subscriptions, then they are probably making money in unscrupulous ways. Some free VPNs track their users’ online activities and sell their records to third-party advertisers without their knowledge or explicit consent—in other words, signing up for a free service at all is consent to have your data tracked. Many free providers insert annoying ads into the browser and spread malware, and some don’t even encrypt your online traffic at all.
I suggest skipping all this trouble and investing in a reputable VPN.
Will I be able to watch Argentinian TV shows from abroad?
Yes—once you connect to a VPN server based in Argentina, you should have no problem unblocking local TV channels and internet services as if you were watching from inside the country. The Argentinian streaming libraries of Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and HBO are among the most popular services made available through a VPN.
Why else might I need an IP address from Argentina?
An Argentina-based IP address would be useful for traveling Argentina residents to access their bank account online without activating the bank’s fraud detection system. Most online banking services will lock down access to a given user’s bank account if it detects a login attempt from a country the user doesn’t live in, even if it’s the account’s owner. Banks do this to filter out hackers and scammers, but it can be frustrating for law-abiding citizens when traveling abroad. Using a VPN to get an IP address based in your home country is a good way to avoid having to contact customer service to unlock your account.
Is it legal to change your IP address?
Yes, there is nothing illegal about changing your IP address or using a VPN for that matter. Keep in mind that VPNs are great privacy tools but will not protect you from the law if you use a VPN to do something illegal online. If your activity is illegal, it's still illegal even if you're using a VPN. Nothing in this article should be taken as legal advice.
Is it safe to use an Argentinian IP address through a VPN?
It is much safer to use the IP address of a VPN server than the address of your own device, whether that server is located in Argentina or somewhere else. Without a VPN, your location and online activities are exposed to your ISP, the owners of public hotspots, and even government agencies in some cases. Choosing a reputable VPN provider with strong encryption protocols and high security standards will afford you peace of mind while using the internet.
- The best VPNs for an Argentinian IP address
- 1. NordVPN
- 2. Surfshark
- 3. ExpressVPN
- 4. CyberGhost
- 5. PrivateVPN
- 6. Hotspot Shield
- Methodology: How I find the best VPNs for an IP address in Argentina
- How to get an Argentinian IP address
- Argentina IP Address FAQ
- Can’t I just use a free VPN instead?
- Will I be able to watch Argentinian TV shows from abroad?
- Why else might I need an IP address from Argentina?
- Is it legal to change your IP address?
- Is it safe to use an Argentinian IP address through a VPN?